Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chicken and Rice Enchiladas



Since it's Mexican themed week apparently, and I still have tortillas, I'm making enchiladas! Just take your left over chicken and rice, roll it up in a tortilla, cover with enchilada sauce and cheese, then bake!

I had to make the enchilada sauce, which is what I was saving the tomato sauce for, and it was relatively easy. I sort of followed the recipe on allrecipes.com and it came out pretty good. I didn't have self-rising flour so I just added a tiny bit of baking powder to the all purpose whole wheat flour I had. Google is pretty amazing at telling you what you need to know.

Put some sauce on the bottom of the dish (I used a small casserole dish) then roll up the chicken and rice in enough tortillas to fill the dish and cover with more sauce, cheese, and other mexican toppings. Bake at 350 for however long it takes to look good. Which should be around 20 minutes. Tadaa! Delicious mexican food for half the calories, just estimating of course :)


No comments:

Post a Comment