Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Most Delicious Mushroom Pizza


I make pizza at least once a week, and usually they're pretty standard, but this pizza was THE most delicious  mushroom pizza I have ever had.

Normally I just make the dough, throw on some tomato sauce and whatever toppings I have on hand and put some cheese on top. But not this pizza. I took some sliced portabello mushrooms, onions, zucchini, and garlic cloves, tossed them in olive oil and roasted them in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Then instead of putting regular pizza sauce on the dough, I infused some olive oil with the roasted garlic and spread it on top of the dough. Let that sit and get acquainted for a few minutes, then add the roasted mushrooms, onions, and zucchini. Then cover with a thin layer of mozzerella cheese and some parsley if you have it laying around. Oh and feta cheese if you have that too :) When it comes out drizzle with a little olive oil and BAM you've got the most delicious mushroom pizza.



I should note that I make my pizza dough in my bread maker and am always playing with the recipe. This time I added more water and yeast to the mixture and the dough came out amazing- I will definitely need to make it like this from now on. Also, King Arthur whole grain white flour is awesome. Just sayin..

No comments:

Post a Comment